Go Mobile Optimization!
Smart phones allow people to make the most of their down time in between rushing to and fro. To be truly effective, your website must be easily viewed on these smaller screens. This means your elective surgery practice has two choices:
- Make your existing site responsive so your website pages automatically adjust to fit the screen size the viewer is using
- Build a separate website optimized for mobile devices
Regardless of the type you choose, your website(s) must be properly search engine optimized so your site rises to the top of search engine results for your practice’s keyword terms.
Responsive Website Attributes
- Only one URL to maintain
- Robust content and graphics
- Navigation is simplified
- Pages look clean and readable on any size screen (PC, laptop, tablet, smart phone)
- Need for resizing and panning is eliminated or minimized
Mobile Site Attributes
- Separate URL is required and must be maintained
- Shorter content (stay around 120 words per page)
- Large fonts for ease in reading
- No extensive photos or graphics
- No “fluff” wordings
- Simple navigation
People today want information…and they want it fast.
“Nearly 60% of web users say they expect a website to load on their mobile phone in three seconds or less, and 74% are only willing to wait five seconds or less for a single web page to load before leaving the site. 50% are only willing to wait five seconds or less for an application to load before exiting.” - 2011 Compuware study
If your site is slow or too difficult to read, you’ll lose their attention.
“A bad experience on a mobile website leaves mobile web users much less likely to return to, or recommend, a particular website. Nearly half of mobile web users are unlikely to return to a website that they had trouble accessing from their phone, and 57% are unlikely to recommend the site.” - 2011 Compuware study
Prospective patients will respond to information on your website in different ways. It’s important to offer visitors to your website a variety of ways to learn about your services. You can do this through:
- Traditional written content
- Educational videos
- Testimonial videos
- Online eBooks
The subject matter can be similar in each format, but it allows you to present information in ways that will speak to different people.
Let Fast Track Marketing build a responsive website or a mobile site for your practice. Contact us today to see how quick and easy it can be!