Happy Birthday, Google AdWords!
Google AdWords celebrated 15 years of success in October. Back in 2000, AdWords had 350 advertisers. Today that number has grown to 1 million, making this a $60 billion dollar business.
Google AdWords allows businesses to post online display ad campaigns on Google and its advertising network (YouTube, the Google Display Network and Google’s mobile app network, AdMob). You can set a flexible budget for advertising and only pay when people click the ads. This technique is also referred to as Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising. Ads are triggered through searches of specific keywords. You can use bid management strategies to help you achieve your marketing goals (watch for more information on bidding strategies in our November 19th blog).
How PPC Can Help Your Elective Surgery Practice
When you are visible in Google (and other search engines) your practice will flourish. Why? Because people use search engines to locate the information they need. If you think that search advertising isn’t relevant, consider these stats:
- In 2000, there were more than 20 million searches per day on Google.com.
- In 2015, Google handles more than three billion searches per day.
- Over 50% of worldwide Google searches happen on mobile devices.
PPC campaigns can help supplement your regular Search Engine Optimization (SEO) efforts and help your practice achieve Page 1 positioning on Google and other search engines. Having a strong, well-thought-out PPC strategy is essential for making your marketing dollars increase leads to your practice. Here are some PPC tips for success:
- Include a strong call-to-action. Simply stating that “you are the best” won’t entice a person to click on the ad and start a conversion with your practice. Strong call-to-actions could include a free online Self-Evaluation, a significant discount off one of your services, a free Consultation, a contest, etc.
- Design relevant website landing pages for your campaigns. Clicking an ad that goes to a generic home page will only leave the end user scrambling to find the content they expected to find. In most cases they will quickly leave your site and go to the next listing. Your landing pages must complement you ads.
- Shoot for a cost-per-lead ranging from $25 to $75 depending on your market size.
Fast Track Marketing has helped dozens of clients launch successful PPC campaigns. If you would like to learn more about our strategies, contact Brandi Musgrave at 303-447-9192 or firstname.lastname@example.org.