|1. ADVANCED CATARACT |
|J. Alberto Martinez, MD & Andrew Hammer, MD|
- Panoptix IOLs and other multifocals: The new level of satisfaction brought by the latest multifocal IOLs and the challenges that remain.
- Piggyback IOLs: A way to correct the occasional refractive surprise.
- Secondary IOLs: Canabrava vs. Yamane vs. Agrawal. The rapid succession of these techniques require ever more flexible planning for placing an IOL in an eye without capsular support, as well as familiarity with all the techniques.
- Clear lens extraction: The most invasive type of refractive surgery keeps getting better and more popular.
|J. Alberto Martinez, MD|
Dr. Martinez is a worldwide leader in Pterygium based on recurrence rates, cosmetic outcomes, volumes of surgery, and the fact that, unlike most surgeons, we perform all these surgeries as an office-based procedure.
- Technical improvements in the last year
- Current results in terms of recurrence
- Current recurrence rates from our patients
- Current research initiatives: Imaging goblet cells, quantification of cosmetic outcomes, pterygium speculum, and artificial conjunctiva/papers published
|3. CORNEA • ONE ARBO CREDIT|
|Daniel Sarezky, MD|
- Penetrating keratoplasty
- Collagen cross-linking
- Refractive surgery
|4. GLAUCOMA • ONE ARBO CREDIT |
|Fritz Allen, MD|
- New pharmacological agents
- New surgical treatments
- The growing world of MIGS
- Injectable agents